In response to the COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing safety measures, Reclink Australia has launched the Reclink Connect program. This new program is based upon the Reclink Australia traditions of socially engaging those most vulnerable in our community and is designed to keep the community as connected and engaged as possible during the COVID-19 restrictions.
“During these challenging times it is important to stay active and socially engaged, and through the Reclink Connect program, we are staying in touch with our agencies, participants and the wider community,” said John Ballis, Reclink Australia CEO.
The Reclink Connect program consists of the following six key components:
- Connect in each location with all known participants/players in our programs impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions, via weekly phone calls/emails/Facebook chats.
- Consult and coordinate our activities with member agencies who are also subject to restrictions to ensure no person is disengaged, and to ascertain the recreation/sports equipment needs in each supported residential setting.
- Distribute via the Reclink Sports Share program packs of sports equipment to all our member agencies and targeted families to build capacity, stay at home, keep active, and reduce boredom.
- Establish Team communication platforms, blogs or chatrooms in each location for all participants to connect and maintain communication with each other, and the team as a whole.
- Create and regularly post new instructive drills, demonstrations and activities for participants to use to maintain their personal fitness and their connection with team training.
- Work with State Sporting Associations to deliver online training packages to participants i.e. AFL Level 1 Coaching, Umpire training and other relevant foundation training modules.
Reclink is pleased to announce that commencing this week, Reclink Sports Share packs filled with a variety of sporting equipment and activities will be distributed to member agencies to share with participants.
These packs will provide the opportunity for participants to undertake a variety of sport and recreation activities from the safety of their homes. These will be accompanied by online video content that includes engaging challenges and instructional videos with creative and fun ways to stay active at home.
The Reclink Connect video content is available via Reclink social media channels including YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
Reclink Australia provides evidence-based sports, arts, and recreation programs to disadvantaged Australians to create socially inclusive, life-changing opportunities. In partnership with more than 400 community organisations, Reclink Australia's programs create pathways to improved health and wellbeing, education and employment outcomes for all participants. There is no other social inclusion program in Australia with the reach and impact that Reclink Australia's model currently has.
Reclink Australia Social Media handles:
YouTube: Reclink Australia
Media Contact: Dotti Hiscoke | 0472 756 010 | email@example.com
This document has been edited with the instant web content composer. The online instant HTML editor tools make a great resource that will help you a lot in your work. Save this link or add it to your bookmarks.