Reclink Australia is the only national not for profit providing life changing sport and recreation opportunities to Australia’s most vulnerable communities. We are in the business of engaging marginalised members of our community through sport and fun. Through our programs, people find a way to come back into the community via fun, joy and supportive relationships. To learn more about us, please visit our website. https://www.reclink.org
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the Sports & Recreation Manager NSW, QLD & ACT and reporting to the Senior Sports Coordinator Greater Sydney, the Reclink Sports Coordinator will deliver existing and establish new sport and recreation programs and sessions targeting people impacted by homelessness, addiction, trauma and mental ill health as well as those looking to improve general health and wellbeing.
The work within this region is funded through partners such as Reclink’ national program and the Movember mental health prevention program within the western suburbs of greater Sydney.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Qualifications from a recognised TAFE including Diploma, certificate level 3, University Degree in Sport and Recreation, Sport or Community Development or similar and/or a minimum of two years’ experience in the provision of direct support services to diverse clients or relevant industry.
- Experience in any of Sport Development, Community Development, Health and Well Being, and Youth.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of administrative support systems, innovative practice and high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Work in consultation and in co-ordination with key community stakeholders and service providers in government and community sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously and constructively in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative, reliable and able to work independently, innovatively, and respectfully with diverse individuals and groups.
- Good level of IT knowledge, working with excel, word and PowerPoint, Online conference experience, social media and promotion.
- High level of time management and organisational skills and capacity to work effectively within tight time constraints.
- Volunteer Experience within the community sports sector.
You will stand out if you have:
- Previous experience delivering programs to women and girls.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by marginalised target groups.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships within community networks.
- Experience in delivering Sport and Recreation sessions as a coach, teacher, or instructor.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Dynamic, fun, accepting and committed team and culture.
- Laptop and Mobile Phone.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme and Tax-Free concessions applicable to NFP.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the most vulnerable in our community.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- Flexible work opportunities.
A positive National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check is a condition of employment. If you have not commenced your Working with Children’s Check application, please do so by following this Job Seeker WWWC Card link https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-wit...
It is also a requirement of this role that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This is a full-time role 38 hours per week. 12 months fixed term appointment commencing late early October 2022 with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. A competitive remuneration will be paid at SCHaDS Level 3.1 plus superannuation with the option to increase your income through salary packaging. For further enquiries or to obtain a Position Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this rewarding job, please submit a one-page cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for this role addressing the criteria above, along with your resume. Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis so get your application in quick. Only applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Applications will close 5pm Sunday 25 September 2022.