About Reclink Australia
Established in 1990, Reclink Australia is national not for profit organisation delivering over 100,000 sport, recreation and arts participation opportunities annually to people experiencing disadvantage Australia-wide in partnership with over 450 community organisations. We target some of the communities most vulnerable and isolated people, including people experiencing significant mental health challenges, disability, homelessness, substance abuse, culturally and linguistic diverse communities, correctional services and economic hardship.
About the role
Reporting to the Sport and Recreation Operations Manager - Victoria, NSW, ACT & QLD, the Sports & Recreation Manager will lead the ongoing delivery and management of current projects and contracts such as Movember, Federal Government, Solve and Film NSW working closely with co design partners and our partner projects. The Sport & Recreation Manager will set priorities, plan and organise work of Senior Sports Coordinators and Sports Coordinators in program development, implementation and coordination. You will work collaboratively with stakeholders and manage critical relationships and positive communication with Reclink staff, major contracts, project partners and cohorts, specifically youth.
To be considered for the role you will need:
- Diploma or Degree level qualification in Sport, Mental Health, Disability or welfare related fields.
- Proven experience in sport, recreation, arts, mental health and disability sectors or community development-based organisation(s).
- Demonstrated commitment to the safety of children, young people and adults.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with key stakeholders and service providers in government and community sectors.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by marginalised target groups.
- Demonstrated experience in using co-design principles in the development of programs for target groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Reclink Australia programs.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of administrative support systems, innovative practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to gain client and staff cooperation.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, online conferencing, social media and promotion.
- Experience in online content creation.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously and constructively in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative, reliable and able to work independently, innovatively and respectfully with diverse individuals and groups.
- High level of time management and organisational skills and capacity to work effectively within tight time constraints.
You will stand out if you have:
- Experience managing a team in the non-for-profit sector.
- Experience working closely with mental health, drug and alcohol and homeless agencies.
- Ability to work to strategic plan, goals and key performance indicators.
It is a condition of employment at Reclink Australia that staff hold a positive National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check and are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of this will be required before commencement.
This is a full time role (38.0 hours) working over 5 days.12-month fixed term appointment with the possibility of extension, pending funding. A competitive remuneration will be paid at SCHCaDS Level 5.1, with the option to increase your income through salary packaging. For further enquiries or to obtain a Position Description please email email@example.com.
To apply for this rewarding job, please submit a one-page cover letter outlining why you’d be perfect for this role addressing the criteria above, along with your resume. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so get yours in quick! No closing date. The role will stay open until we find the right candidate. Only applicants invited for interview will be contacted.