We are currently looking for enthusiastic and committed Sports Coaches to join our team on a casual basis for our school sports and community sports programs.
Reporting to the Sports and Recreation Manager, the position will involve assisting with the delivery of Reclink sports programs across Victoria. The position holder will have a sport and coaching background, excellent interpersonal, communication and teamworking skills.
Applicants must be enthusiastic, outgoing, sports minded people who are friendly and passionate about working with children and adults of all ages and capable of coaching groups with an emphasis on fun, enjoyment, maximum participation, group control and skill development.
Please see full PD below:
Position Title: Sports Coach
Accountable to: Sports and Recreation Manager
Reports to: Senior Sports Coordinators & Sports and Recreation Managers
Working Hours: Casual engagements as required
Established in 1990, Reclink Australia is a national not for profit organisation delivering over 100,000 sport, recreation and arts participation opportunities annually to people experiencing disadvantage Australia-wide in partnership with over 450 community organisations. We target some of the community’s most vulnerable and isolated people, including people experiencing significant mental health challenges, disability, homelessness, substance abuse, culturally and linguistic diverse communities, correctional services and economic hardship.
In addition to receiving funding from Local, State/Territory and Federal Governments Reclink Australia funding sources include corporate sponsorship, fundraising events and donor support. Reclink Australia also conducts a number of major public events including the Reclink Australia Community Cups held in Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra and Brisbane.
Reporting to the Sport and Recreation Manager (“the Manager”), the Position Holder will assist Sports Coordinators in delivering sports sessions in settings such as primary and secondary school, community centres and member agency locations as required on a casual sessional basis and subject to demand from within regions.
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities
The order in which key result areas and responsibilities are listed is not necessarily significant.
Program and Service Delivery
• Assist Sports Coordinators to deliver sessions in schools, community centres and member agency locations
• Enhance student participation by providing encouragement and constructive feedback.
• Represent the organisation in a positive, professional manner.
Health and Safety
• Ensure safety of all participants in line with relevant policy and procedures.
• Adhere to Reclink Australia health and safety policies and procedures.
People and Culture
• Attend supervision with the Manager.
• Adhere to People and Culture policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as lawfully and reasonably directed.
Prerequisites, other position details and requirements
Qualifications & Experience
• Studying towards a qualification from a recognised TAFE, College or University in Community Services, Sport and Recreation, or similar.
• Completion of a relevant short course such as AFL Level 1 Coaching highly regarded.
• Experience in sport coaching highly regarded.
• A team player.
• Effective communication skills.
• Ability to work respectfully with all cohorts including young people from diverse backgrounds. and
• Commitment to the safety of children and young people. and adults.
Position/s reporting to this Position
• Upon request
• Achieves outcomes which are clearly defined.
• Work outcomes are monitored.
• Assistance is readily available when problems occur.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary: SCHCADS Level 2.
• Superannuation as per statutory requirement.
• Work hours by casual engagements as required.
• Current National Police Check.
• Current Working with Children Check Card.
• Current International Police Check (where the position holder has lived overseas for more than 12 months).
• Current Drivers Licence.
• Fully Vaccinated.
• Right to Work in Australia.
• session locations as required.
• Travel to locations as reasonably required
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitabiltiy for the role to Wayne Fenton at firstname.lastname@example.org